With an energy crisis capturing the world as we speak, it is a good time to consider how investing in a greener planet can help your business or your home. By doing this you don’t only help everybody on the globe by using green energy, you also help yourself.
Fossil fuels continue to ruin our environment, and as they are also running out it is time for us to understand how we can use renewable energy for all of our business and home needs. Quite possibly the most important thing for us to do to ensure a greener planet in the long run is to educate our children, but you can’t do that if you’ve not educated yourself. Here we will look at how you can start to make a difference.
Whether you’re looking at helping your business or your home then you should be looking at improving the future energy usage of your buildings. At the minute, less than 8% of the energy used in the United Kingdom comes from renewable energy. That’s not good enough.
The use of renewable energy should always be classed as an investment opportunity, but with solar, hydro and wind to be harvested into energy then this is a great platform. Solar panels are a popular choice and, although we are not at the stage where this can be used for all of your energy, it is a good addition to use with your grid.
The world can use renewable energy for 100% of their consumption but we need to be in this together. People are always looking for a better deal on their energy prices, and this can be done by switching your provider. Grab the power and work with us by using carbon free electricity to move us towards the achievable goals.
Going green in the office and at home
There are many items used both in the home and at the office that could be changed to ensure a greener environment. We have many responsibilities, and in the office you can:
• Remove paper cups for water and hot drinks.
• Consider double-sided printing or even look at ways that you can print less.
• Keep tabs on your paper consumption and monitor how electronic communication can be used instead.
• Look for ways of upgrading and monitoring your recycling facilities so that you know you’re getting the most out of them.
Not everything is unique to the office space, but in the home you could consider:
• Stocking up on fair trade tea and coffee for the cupboard and only using the amount of water you need when boiling the kettle are two big things.
• Reduce the amount of waste you consume and make your property more energy efficient through insulation.
• Recycle whatever you can and consider if you can use the garden to grow your own fruit and vegetables.
The above is just a short list of some of the things you can do to be more green. In reality, the list is endless. You do though have to make an effort to look and find where you can make changes.
So, do you try to live green? What kinds of things have you done to invest in a greener planet?
This post was written by Forward UK.