Hello Valued Readers
I just want to say right up front how much I value your comments and discussion on this blog. It really feels great to hear that you are benefiting from the tips that I share.
I wanted to ask all of you for some help with something. I would really like to get some feedback on the blog so that I can make changes and additions to better suit your needs. This blog is a work in progress and if I can better serve my readers, I would like to do so the best that I can.
Would you please share with me what your opinion on the following:
- What you like about the blog?
- What you don’t like about the blog?
- Do you like the layout? Is it easy to navigate and read?
- Do you like the topics that are discussed?
- What kinds of topics would you like to see discussed that haven’t been to date?
- If you haven’t had a chance to use the forum is there a reason why?
- Would you be interested in signing up for the forum?
You can respond to this in two ways:
- Comment below this post
- Send me a private email using my Contact page using the subject line: blog feedback
- Write your opinions on Alexa by clicking here and providing a review. I would really like to get more reviews of this site on Alexa so if you would be willing to add one I would really appreciate it.
I thank you in advance for all of your feedback and I look forward to providing you more great tips on this blog in the future.
Hi Miss T.
Saw this article this morning but I didn’t have much to add – you know both Mrs. SPF and I really like your, site and content.
The only suggestions I can make (and i’m far from being an expert – just going on what I see elsewhere):
– you have a lot of ads, tho others do too. perhaps this space could be better utilized? (the ads actually make me scroll a long way w/o any content to reach your footer area)
– i’ve read that commentluv is popular for people to leave comments
– also, getting a list of top commentors is enticing to commentors
– i’d suggest archives on the main page but i’m not sure ours ever get clicked
– a blogroll may help – we do have people click to other sites we like from time to time
– i’ve found the weekly roundup brings other bloggers in who mention our site on their sites (in thanks) – might help generate traffic? we’ve included you a lot, and we (I) try to put up a round up of my fav articles from the web every Friday
– write a series. people check back in when they know they know you will have further articles on the subject that interests them. we did one on our car purchase which has gotten the most hits on our site – and fewest comments! basically people who want to learn how to save BIG MONEY by importing from the US
– we will have a new series soon as well where Mrs. SPF will detail our frugal/green wedding 15 months ago
– we are also doing this 365 tips thing which is getting some traffic and if we do the 100 Mile Diet this summer we’ll discuss that experience as well
Anyhow, i’m rambling. Just remember, we’re noobs at this and trying to write what we want to write about, but with a bit of a plan/strategy.
@SPF Thank you for all of your valuable feedback. I really appreciate it. I will definitely take some of this into consideration.
I am pretty new to your blog so I can’t say there is anything I don’t like about it…so far. I will let you know though. 🙂
As to what I do like, I like the colors & layout. I think they are right in line with yur content (if that makes sense). I also like the content. I like the thrifty articles and the gadening articles the best. I am new to gardening and love it but am always looking for new tips and love looking at other peoples successes. It inspires me to keep going, lol.
I don’t really use forums unless they are ‘help’ forums. I guess I haven’t really given them a chance, but for me, I can just say what I want in the comments.
Hope this helps a little. Thanks for writing!
@Bobbi Thanks for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you have liked what you see so far. There are lots of articles on gardening and being frugal and there will be plenty more to come. Thanks for reading.