If you are currently in the market for a car or currently saving for a new one, then you need to think in terms of fuel efficiency, non-polluting, and eco-friendly transport. I believe we have an obligation to do our part to not only look after our wallets but also our environment. It saddens me to see how much waste, trash, and pollution we have generated that is slowly killing our world. If you too want to save the planet, then I strongly suggest purchasing or saving for a hybrid car. Here’s why:
- Hybrids are made of light weight materials making them smaller in size and space friendly.
- The engine is designed to be fuel conscious and efficient. When the car stops, the engine automatically shuts down and restarts when you put it into gear.
- The motor has electric batteries that recharge automatically by using kinetic energy produced when the car brakes.
- They produce less emissions and give better mileage.
- They are aerodynamic and have special rubber tires that reduce friction. This helps with gas mileage as well as emissions.
- Many companies now carry hybrid cars so you don’t have to worry about leaving a brand you like. Honda, Ford, Toyota, GMC, and Chevrolet all carry hybrid models.
- In some places, owning a hybrid can even give you tax breaks.
As you can see there are many advantages to owning a hybrid automobile. But like any big purchase, be sure to do your research and weigh the pros and cons. Take advantage of the knowledge that manufactures and owners have about the different types so you can make the best decision. Take different cars for test drives so you can determine which one is best suited for your lifestyle.
With any newer technology, the price of these cars can be steep inititally. But I say it is worth the cost. These cars will save you enough in fuel that they are worth paying a bit more for upfront. To me, these cars are an investment into my future savings as well as an investment in the planet.
Do you own a hybrid? What do you like/not like about it? Please share.