It doesn’t matter if you are newly seeing someone or a long time married couple, romance needs to be nurtured and kept alive. Date nights are must for having fun with your loved one and keeping that bond strong.
Date nights and romance are not about expensive evenings with large prices tags. They are about spending time together, being creative, and enjoying interacting with each other. In fact, the simple and cheap dates are often the most enjoyable. Here are some ideas for your next date night that will ensure a good time and won’t empty your wallet:
- Go to your local library and each pick out a couple books to read. Tell each other why you took each book and what intrigued you about the story. This is a great way to get in touch with each other’s feelings and viewpoints.
- Take two pads of paper, some nice pens and visit a quiet coffee shop. Order two coffees and write down your five most treasured memories together. Then, read them aloud to one another and ask questions. This is a great way to put a smile on each other’s face.
- Take your camera and go downtown or to a park and take candid shots. It is so interesting to see what one person thinks makes a great photo compared to another. Then you can go home and upload them and create little short stories if you want.
- Take bicycles or roller blades, pack a lunch at hit up one of the local trails or roads. Stop when you need a rest or see something interesting. Not only is it bonus exercise it is also fun. My hubby and I did this a couple times over the summer and we had a great time.
- Go to a museum or conservatory. Share your thoughts on the different pieces while your hold hands and walk around.
- Get tickets to a university or high school event. These could be musicals or sports games. They are often cheaper than the professional events and just as much fun.
- Go berry picking. Enjoy tasting the fresh fruit or feeding it to each other. Not only do you get to return home with some fresh produce, you also get to enjoy the outdoors and the sweet flavours.
- Stay home. If you have kids, get a sitter. Then order some take out and hang out with each other. You could cook dinner together too. Card games or couples massages are also great options.
- DIY pizza. Take a trip to the store and buy some creative ingredients. Then come home and assemble the pizza together. Then light some candles and enjoy. We tried making a smore pizza once. That was interesting!!
- Check your local parks for free summer production series. Our local one offers ballet in the park and big band performances. We went this year and it was an awesome way to spend the evening outside and together.
- Visit the parade of homes. Pick up your local paper to get the map and locations of the houses. Then hop in your car and visit the ones that interest you. Not only are the designs neat, but you can also get ideas on how to renovate your own house.
- Go to a thrift store and pick out an outfit for each other to wear without knowing what it is. Then change into them and head for a cheap dinner. It is fun to see how merciful the other is.
- Take an evening stroll and enjoy the sunset and the stars. If you want you can even stop for ice cream.
These are just a few ideas on how to get out and have some fun together. Remember, enjoying your dates is the most important, not how much they cost.
What are your cheap date ideas?
This really is such a amazing resource that you’re offering and also you give it away for free of charge. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the worth of delivering a prime resource for zero cost. I really loved reading your post. Thanks!
Upright Bike. I am glad you find the information helpful and useful. I hope I can supply some more tips that you can use.
Not sure. I am just using wordpress. Try opening it in a different web browser.
Terrific, this information is exactly what I was searching for.
Now I must admit I very rarely post on blogs but I found this interesting.
Wonderful to read!
Hey, I can’t view your site properly within Opera, I actually hope you look into fixing this.
I am actually not quite sure how to fix that but I will see what I can find out.
Great Blog I love the lay out and the color scheme is it possible to get a copy of your theme?
Sorry no. It was a custom design.
I really love it. thanks for the information
Great Post, I will bookmark your blog and tell my mom I found this for her. She is a big fan of this kind of stuff. Bye!
Its almost like whenever I get out they lead me like a horse to water. I grow weary of commenting sometimes but think I have to say woopy doo, (inapproriate?) to this overall. Been a real kind of deal. Keep It Real.
What a great idea. Thanks alot.
I was looking for this the other day. i dont usually post in forums but i wanted to say thank you!
These are pretty good ideas for all seasons
Hi Lisa here,
It doesn’t take much to have fun. Mostly with creative date ideas it’s about the moments you spend with each other and you don’t need a lot of money to do so.
@Lisa I agree. It is about being together and not what you’re doing.