It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is, birthdays follow us everywhere. We are constantly having to plan some kind of shindig and buy gifts for those important in our lives. But did you know that there is an inexpensive way to gift give that still adds a personal touch? Gift baskets are the answer. Here is a step by step tutorial on how to go about putting together your b-day gift baskets.
- Decide what the recipient enjoys. Site down with a pen and piece of paper and write down the things you can think of that he or she likes. You can even write down a few stores that you might be able to try. Remember that it is a personal gift and something that is specifically designed for them and that those important to you are not concerned with the cost of the gift but enjoy the reassurance that they mean something to you.
- Ideas for gifts:
- Flavoured coffee- you can buy this in bulk at your local grocery store for cheap
- Picture frames with photos- you can buy them at your local dollar store and then fill them with home-printed photos of special memories.
- Bubble bath, nail polish, candles, garden containers, etc can all be found at dollar stores.
- Books. Go to a used book store and get a few novels from their favourite author.
- Ideas for gifts:
- Get your supplies. Any local Walmart or craft store will carry what you need for a reasonable price. Often these places have clearance ribbons, wrapping, or fabric that you can use. If you are handy with a computer, you can print your own gift cards ( I did this one year) and even your own birthday cards.
- Mix old and new. There is nothing saying that you have to buy everything new. Check out garage and estate sales or online auction stores like Amazon and ebay. You are bound to find things in great shape at a great price. Remember too that you can store stuff so it doesn’t matter when a person’s bday is. If you find a great deal, snatch it up and save it for later.
With a little creativity and planning you can create a great gift basket that will not break the bank. Also, your special someone will love it because it is unique and one of a kind. Plus, it shows the thought you put into it as well as the time. Hallmark’s happy birthday ecards are the perfect eco-friendly supplement to this gift – save paper by not giving a traditional paper greeting card.
What are you frugal gift ideas? Anything to share?