Hey Everyone. Happy Friday. I can say that I have somehow been keeping my head above water so to speak. I don’t think I am any less busy; I am still working two jobs and I have had board meetings almost every night, but I seem to be doing ok. I guess I am getting a bit better at managing the chaos which is a nice feeling. I am still behind on some blogging stuff but I am doing my best to get caught up when I can. Not everything can be number one the priority list right?!
This weekend I have blocked off some time for fun which is a great feeling as most of my life these days has been all work and no play. On Saturday we are going snow tubing with some friends which wil be hilarious. I can’t wait to act like a big kid for an afternoon. On Sunday we are having our annual Superbowl party which is always a great time. I am not sure who to go for this year. Baltimore is due for a win and giving it is Ray Lewis’ last year, a Superbowl win would be a great way to retire. However, I am liking the rookie Kaepernick on San Francisco. How cool is it to win a Superbowl in your rookie season?! I have a feeling I will decide last minute who to cheer for.
So, what is on the weekend plans for you all? Who are you cheering for on Sunday.
There were as always a ton of great reads out this week which I have highlighted below:
Good Reads from the Blogosphere:
- Have you ever received a discount on something you bought that wasn’t already on sale? If not, make sure to read Darwin’s post about how he negotiated 10% off his purchase (that wasn’t on sale) at Darwin’s Money
- Don at Money Reasons highlights the various reasons why he decided to buy Facebook stock
- Interested in earning passive income? Don’t miss Grand Per Month’s post about how to earn $1,000/month while you’re sleeping
- If you’re new to investing, head over to Financial Ramblings for Michael’s post about the advantages of a Roth IRA
- Don’t miss Cat’s post about the truth about side hustling at Budget Blonde if you’re in the market for another job or extra income!
- Robert at My Multiple Incomes has some wild ideas about making money. Read his post where he asks if poker can be an income stream
- Tax time is just around the corner and Melissa’s post about the retirement savings contribution credit at Everything Finance is a must-read
- Interviewing for a new job soon? If so, check out SB’s post about how to impress your interviewer at Invest it Wisely
If you are new to PET or haven’t gotten a chance to read all the articles in the past, here are few archives you might enjoy.
- Four easy ways to save on basic necessities
- 5 financial mistakes married couples should avoid
- Managing the third shift: Are you taking care of yourself?
- 10 nifty ways to eat organic on a budget
- Packing 101 for your vacation
Hope you have a great weekend.