Happy Friday Everyone! I wish I could say that with my usual vigour but lately the weeks have been running into the weekends. Friday is just another day of chaos. I am still crazy swamped. I know it seems like the same old story and I am sure you are tired of hearing it but this is how I seem to be rolling these days. I do appreciate you all listening and being such a great support during this time. It is such a great feeling to know that there really still are great caring people around. You all rock if you ask me.
I promise to get around to your sites this weekend. You have been so patient with me. Do know that once my life stabilizes I will be back to being your support and fan on a regular basis. My current lack is just temporary.
Enough about me. What interesting stuff are you all up to for the weekend? Any one heading somewhere warm for a winter vacation? Who has started their garden? Big plans for spring break with the kids? I would love to hear how life is with you. Mine isn’t too exciting these days.
There were as always great reads out this week which I have highlighted below:
Good Reads From The Blogosphere:
- If you’re tired of sky-high car insurance premiums, don’t miss Finance Fox’s post on alternative ways to save on car insurance
- There seem to be a lot of bloggers taking the plunge into self-employment lately! Read about how Amanda at Frugal Confessions just kicked her 9-5 to the curb (a guest post on You Only Do This Once)
- Paying off debt is hard to do. And it’s even harder when mishaps occur. Read John’s post about his stumbles on the way to paying off his debt at The Money Principle
- If you’re graduating soon or know someone who is, make sure to share Jason’s financial advice for new grads from Frugal Habits
- Are you a young professional? Sean at One Smart Dollar lists his reasons why it’s smart for young professionals to invest in real estate
- Looking back on previous years is a great way to learn about yourself. Don’t miss The Random Path’s things she wishes she could tell her 30 year-old self
- Pauline at Reach Financial Independence wants to know: Big city life–is it worth it?
- How many times have you found yourself at the end of a week saying, TGIF? Joanna at Our Freaking Budget wonders if we’re all just working for the weekend
If you are new to PET or haven’t gotten a chance to read all the articles in the past, here are few archives you might enjoy.
- Is it worth it to purchase insurance for your smart phone?
- How to Save Money Visiting Yellowstone National Park
- 11 Ways To Make Personal Travel More Sustainable And Less Polluting
- How to Save Hundreds of Dollars a Year on Your Water Bill
- Be Prepared for Emergencies by Planning in Advance