Welcome to the new PEP of the week. Each week a different theme will be used to give you all some extra added entertainment and reading. Also, the number of links will be changing. Only the top 10 posts of the week will be part of the edition. This will not only make it easier for me to post them but also contain the amount of reading you need to get through.
Before I post the PEP of the week, I just wanted to let you know that the Voting Contest is now closed. Surprisingly I didn’t receive even 1 entry. I guess you (my readers) aren’t into entering contests. I might try again in a month or two.
Well, without further adieu, here is the PEP of the week- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee Edition.
1. Coffee is the most popular beverage in the world apart from water. It has been consumed by people for over 1,000 years.
5 Simple Tricks to Remind Yourself Why You Are Saving-like many of us, I too can loose sight of the big picture sometimes. This article has some great tips on how we can stay focused on our financial goals. (@ownthedollar)
2. Coffee is grown all over the world in over 50 countries.
3. Coffee comes second, next to oil as the most traded commodity in the world.
10 Ways to Get Fit for Little or No Money- my husband and I have been working out at home for the last two months and it works out great. The convenience is awesome. I found these tips very helpful. (@lenpenzo)
4. Coffee beans aren’t beans. They are actually berries that grown on trees and harvested every five years at the point of full maturity.
Do Your Kids Have Too Many Toys- very wise advice here from frugal dad. We don’t have kids yet but I am already putting my foot down in this area and that our kids will not be overburdened with toys. Hopefully we can set a good example too. (@frugaldad)
Why Buy a Car with Cash- we don’t need a new car yet but it will be an expense in the near future. It sure is easy to just go out and buy one on credit, but as this article points out, we are better to wait until we can buy it in full with cash. (@greenpandatreehouse)
10 Tips to Save on Textbooks- it is the time of year again where every student goes broke at the campus bookstore. I never agreed with how high textbook prices were. Here are 10 ways to save yourself some dough. (@thesavedquarter)
5. Coffee will only stimulate your body so much or to a certain point. After four cups on average, you will not receive any more of a “boost” from the brown stuff.
Happy reading everyone and I hope you have enjoyed this week’s PEP edition.