Being active does not have to be boring. It is possible to enjoy yourself and have fun. Here are some different ways to get moving this summer that will put a smile on your face.
- Join a recreation league– this is a great way to meet new people and stay in shape. There is a huge variety of leagues from baseball to bowling to ultimate.
- Get daring– try something adventurous that you have never tried before. How about white water rafting or scuba diving lessons. Indoor rock climbing is even a possibility.
- Use your backyard– there are plenty of ways to get moving on your own turf. Try bocce ball, horseshoes or frisbee.
- Remember the trails– trails are a great way to mix up the scenery. Put on your best hiking shoes or take out your mountain bike for a spin.
- Blade it up– take your rollar blades or skates out for a whirl.
- Grab your paddle– try out kayaking or canoeing. We have kayaks and we love using them. Getting out on the lake and taking in some nature is so relaxing.
- Lengthen and strengthen– try out a pilates or yoga class. This is a great way to work on your flexibility and build core strength.
- Freestyle– take a trip to the lake and take a dip. Swimming is a great way to get your blood pumping with minimal impact to your joints.
There are endless ways you can get moving in the summer. The above are just a few. Remember though to stay hydrated and take snacks so you don’t run out of energy resources.